I'm sure none of you can relate to being "busy"! HAHA! I wonder how parents ever have jobs AND raise children!! You all are truly inspiring! Anyways...between jet lag, CogAT, holiday fun, oh yes...and learning...we have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY in K1! I loved hearing about your fun Thanksgiving weeks. I had a great week visiting my sister in beautiful Hawaii! I went with my teacher hat on-snapping TONS of pictures of trees, mountains and battle ships to show to the kiddos. My sister did a great job teaching me all about the Hawaiian culture and environment. Ask your child what was their favorite picture from the slide show (oh yes...I made one!)
We decorated our tree this year to go along with our schools theme "peace, love, longhorns". They each traced and cut out their hands then drew a picture of peace and wrote the name (on their fingers) of people who bring them peace.
For those of you who celebrate Christmas and Santa...this is the BEST BOOK EVER!!! It was given to me as a gift and I can't sing its praises enough! It's great explaining those Santa mysteries! I think it is going out of print but can be found on Amazon.
On an ending note, we started "Student of the Week" this week! I have already sent home your child's date and the list of weekly activities. Ask your child who the student of the week was and see if they can sing their song :)
Have a great weekend!!


